I'm In Love With...

This blog is dedicated to the things we love in life. We'll be blogging about many subjects, but we'll always include something that we're currently in love with. We welcome video clips, images, buddy icons, wallpaper and other things you love and have created out of love.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Survive by Race?

I must say, I am equal parts intrigued and disgusted by Survivor-producers' new plan to divide the teams up by race. I probably still won't watch the show, but if you decide to, I'd love juicy updates on how the format is working.

The disgusted part of me is reminded of the days when plantation owners would divide their teams up by race/ethnicity so that workers/slaves wouldn't band together and strike. Instead, by paying certain teams more or putting one team in charge of another, racial tension built up and diverted the attention away from tyrannical bosses.

But I wonder if race relations are still the same today. Will the teams learn from the past and keep race out of it, or will they play their race cards just as producers hope?


Enough of the serious talk. I am amused by the idea of this South Park episode (it was sent to Defamer by one of their readers):


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home