I'm In Love With...

This blog is dedicated to the things we love in life. We'll be blogging about many subjects, but we'll always include something that we're currently in love with. We welcome video clips, images, buddy icons, wallpaper and other things you love and have created out of love.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Celebrity Swag Tax

In college, I interned with a company that produced gift lounges and gift bags for high profile events. It was an interesting line of work and I learned very quickly to bite my tongue and smile. Yes, I used to be a swag-bag-schleper.

As I recently read on Defamer, Uncle Sam wants a piece of the swag action. I always found it so ironic that celebrites were gifted when they're the people who can actually afford these ridiculously luxurious products. Paul Mitchell shampoo for your pooch? You got it. Swarovski crystal-encrusted flip-flops? Free, if you're regularly featured in the tabloids. When I was at Sundance, one celeb proudly bragged that she had bagged over $100,000 worth of goodies within a couple days of being there.

I love that celebrities will now have to pay something for all those fabulous items.

*Btw, there are a handful of stars who pick up gifts so they can donate them to charity, and that's always a nice thing to do*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home